Following the official guide, I felt they left out some crucial points.
– When setting up your Cloud SQL make sure it’s located in the same region as your App Engine instance.
– By default App Engine Instances are located in the United States.
– Add your IP address Authorized Networks in the Cloud SQL settings.
– Authorized your App Engine Application in the Cloud SQL settings.
– If your GAE SDK crashes when you try to connect to mySQL, just shell in then.
– mysql -uroot -p -hip address
– the root SQL password can be set in the Cloud SQL settings.
– I installed mandrill to get around the sendmail issues.